ICP was founded in Sweden in the early 1950's based on the invention of "ready-to-use" surface fillers and thin coat plasters made by Ch. Eng. Gustav Bristol HEIJMER (GB Heijmer), a leading innovator in the field of paint, lacquer and surface coatings.
ICP Sweden did not start out by establishing its own production units but concentrated on providing ”know-how” through License agreements and helping Companies in several countries around the world to set up plants for the production of Alltek Spray and Alltek Hand (Hantek).
In 1976, 100 % of the Company was acquired by Margaretha & Max HERMELIN, (daughter & son-in-law) of GB Heijmer.
Mr & Mrs Hermelin progressed the International marketing with establishing a number of licensed plants around the world and also participating in J.V. production units in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and China. ICP, provided now, not only the product “know-how” but also the complete plants and equipment on a “turn-key basis”.
An important step in the development of ICP was the decision taken in 1997 to establish ICP’s own production unit integrated with laboratory for technical service and development of new products. The area of Lyon in France was chosen as a suitable location from logistic point of view (raw materials and final customers).
Additional shareholders were invited to join ICP (UK) Ltd and the capital increased to present £235K.
ICP France SAS was hence established in the town of Lagnieu, 50 km East of Lyon. A modern and efficient plant with a present capacity of around 25.000 ton/year was constructed and completed for production in autumn of 1998.
ICP France SAS with a share capital of €100K is a fully owned subsidiary of ICP (UK) Ltd. ICP France is today one of the leading suppliers of ready-mixed fillers which are sold under our own Trade Mark Alltek Spray and Alltek Hand (Hantek) and also under our many customers Private Labels.